October “Town Hall” Meetings w/ Bishop McElroy
Bishop McElroy will be hosting a series of “Town Hall” meetings in October as a result of the crisis we face as a church due to the sexual abuse of minors and other vulnerable adults by clergy, and the failure of bishops to adequately protect those entrusted to their care. The purpose of the town hall meetings is to hear the input of the Catholic faithful regarding meaningful reform of the church, to hear from those who have been abused or their family members, to allow the people to hear from their bishop directly regarding safeguards in place here in the Diocese of San Diego, and, perhaps most importantly, simply to pray for God’s guidance every step of the way.
The schedule of town hall meetings follows.
· Monday, October 1 Mission Deanery – Our Mother of Confidence Parish, 7:00 pm
· Wednesday, October 3 Cathedral Deanery, St. Joseph Cathedral, 7:00 pm
· Thursday, October 4 El Cajon Deanery, Our Lady of Grace - Moloney Center, 7:00 pm
· Friday, October 5 South Bay Deanery, Saint Charles Parish, 7:00 pm
· Saturday, October 6 Imperial Valley Deanery, Saint Mary Parish, El Centro, 9:00 am
· Wednesday, October 17 Oceanside Deanery, Church of the Nativity, 7:00 pm
· Thursday, October 18 Escondido Deanery, St. Gabriel Parish - Msgr. Charles Dollen Hall, 7:00 pm
Saturday: 4:00 - 5:00 PM (or by appointment)
Sign up today!
It benefits you and the parish.
Click the Online Giving logo for more information.
09/23/18 5:00 pm
Monday of week 25 in Ordinary TimeFirst readingProverbs 3:27-34The Lord blesses the home of the virtuous
My son, do not refuse a kindness to anyone who begs it, if it is in your power to perform it.Do not say to your neighbour, ‘Go away! Come another time! I will give it you tomorrow’, if you can do it now.Do not plot harm against your neighbour as he lives unsuspecting next door.Do not pick a groundless quarrel with a man who has done you no harm.Do not emulate the man of violence, never model your conduct on his;for the wilful wrong-doer is abhorrent to the Lord, who confides only in honest men.The Lord’s curse lies on the house of the wicked, but he blesses the home of the virtuous.He mocks those who mock, but accords his favour to the humble.Read More