WELCOME TO HOLY TRINITY CATHOLIC CHURCH
405 Ballard Street * El Cajon * CA * 92019
Whether you are new to our parish, a visitor or an active member of our Holy Trinity community, thank you for visiting our website. If you are interested in becoming Catholic, seeking to return to the practice of your faith, or simply looking for a way to get more involved in the parish, we hope you find what you are looking for here, with us! WELCOME!
God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.
Dear Holy Trinity Family,
“Hear me, all of you, and understand. Nothing that enters outside can defile that person; but the things that come out from within are what defile.” Jesus rebukes the Pharisees and scribes who is very much the focus of the tradition. The Pharisees and scribes were accusing Jesus' disciples of never washing their hands before eating. He called them hypocrites. Jesus does not hate them but dislike their attitudes. They are people who care about what people would say and always wanting to get praise and recognition for all they do. It is for show and not for real serving and loving people.
Saint Teresa of Avila says, “Within you dwells your God. Enter within, look at him, talk to him, listen to him, and stay with him in your heart.” God wants us to present to him all our actions and our words spoken from our hearts. He wants us to do things with the sincerity of our heart. Love should be the reason and our motivations for doing things. He doesn’t want people who is after their personal glory and honor. If we really love the Lord, be humble. Always point your finger not to your greatness but to God’s glory. As St. Therese says, "let us spend our heavens by doing good things on earth. This is the purpose of our life to give witness for the greater glory of God."
In Christ and Mary,
Fr. Rey Manahan
Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm (English) and 7:00pm (Spanish)
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am (Daily)
First Saturday Devotion - 1st Saturday each month: 7:00am
Sunday: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Closed Wednesdays and Saturdays
Saturday: 3:30 - 4:30 PM (or by appointment)
Sign up today!
It benefits you and the parish.
Click the Online Giving logo for credit card payments.
Click below to set up electronic fund transfer.
Parish Staff & Coordinators
- Father Reynaldo Manahan, Pastor
- Julia Marentez, School Principal
- Judy Picone, Business Manager
- Rosio Anaya, Administrative Assistant
- Farrah Saldaña, Hall Manager
- Carol Ballard, Religious Education & Liturgy Coordinator
- Leticia Trent, Religious Education Coordinator (Spanish)
- Manuel y Patty Jimenez, R.I.C.A. Coordinator (Spanish)
- Wendy Andersen, Choir Director
- Suzette Montoya, Choir Director (Spanish)
- Cyndi Craig, Outreach Ministry Coordinator
Saint of the Day
Click below to read more, then click on the name of today's Saint to read the complete story.
Readings for the week of August 7, 2022
- Sunday: Wis 18:6-9 / Ps 33:1, 12, 18-19, 20-22 [12b] / Heb 11:1-2, 8-19 or 11:1-2, 8-12 / Lk 12:32-48 or 12:35-40
- Monday: Ez 1:2-5, 24-28c / Ps 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 / Mt 17:22-27
- Tuesday: Ez 2:8—3:4 / Ps 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131 / Mt 18:1-5, 10, 12-14
- Wednesday: 2 Cor 9:6-10 / Ps 112:1-2, 5-6, 7-8, 9 / Jn 12:24-26
- Thursday: Ez 12:1-12 / Ps 78:56-57, 58-59, 61-62 / Mt 18:21—19:1
- Friday: Ez 16:1-15, 60, 63 or 16:59-63 / Is 12:2-3, 4bcd, 5-6 / Mt 19:3-12
- Saturday: Ez 18:1-10, 13b, 30-32 / Ps 51:12-13, 14-15, 18-19 / Mt 19:13-15
- Next Sunday: Jer 38:4-6, 8-10 / Ps 40:2, 3, 4, 18 [14b] / Heb 12:1-4 / Lk 12:49-53